Monday 27 June 2016

No 'ifs or buts'

27th June:  I’m so disappointed today.  I woke with a sense of a scratchy throat, and that’s enough to mean I have to cancel my training today at St George’s. There are no ‘ifs or buts’ – if I’m not 100% confident of my health, I have to stay away.

I wonder if people ever develop phantom symptoms, an overly cautious concern about being ‘fit for purpose’.  However, as the day wears on, it’s clear that it was the right decision.  My immune system’s good and I’ll be through this in a couple of days.

The patients in Haematology aren’t as fortunate since either their conditions, or the treatments for their conditions, often compromise immune system function.  Having put the time aside in my diary, it gives me a window to review my notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment